Traditional labor services
Representing Employers in Northern California
Businesses need skilled representation when handling matters concerning labor unions. Because unions present a range of practical and legal issues, it is critical that your business hires an experienced attorney who concentrates on labor laws.
At Simpson, Garrity, Innes & Jacuzzi, P.C., our highly trained legal team offers comprehensive traditional labor services to employers. We primarily work with businesses facing unionization campaigns, helping employers achieve strategic policies while unions are attempting to organize the workforce.
Labor Law Attorneys Protecting Businesses
Our firm's traditional labor services include all aspects of labor/management relations, including:
- Collective bargaining — We represent businesses at any point in the collective bargaining process. Our attorneys assume whatever role best suits your company's needs, whether as a negotiator, team member or reviewer for businesses seeking to negotiate on their own.
- Picketing — Picketing can cause a number of practical and legal problems. Our firm assists companies in preparing for and responding to picketing. We have extensive experience working with employers in the construction industry with these issues.
- Unfair labor practice charges — We represent businesses charged with various unfair labor practices, such as refusal-to-bargain issues.
- Labor arbitration — Our lawyers represent employers with grievances in this dispute resolution process.
- Multi-Employer Pension Plan Act — Withdrawal from a union relationship can trigger an unfunded pension liability under the Multi-Employer Pension Plan Act. Our attorneys advise employers regarding potential withdrawal liability issues.
Former National Labor Relations Board Attorney
One of our principals, Paul V. Simpson, formerly served as an attorney with the National Labor Relations Board and possesses significant traditional labor knowledge in Northern California. He and the rest of our legal team handle a range of labor law cases, including union trust fund litigation.
Consult With Our Office
To learn more about our firm's traditional labor services, contact Paul V. Simpson, Ronald F. Garrity or Marc L. Jacuzzi online or call our South San Francisco office locally at 650-615-4860. Our firm has received an AV Peer Review Rating* through Martindale-Hubbell.*
CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
* Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.